|Aurora Early Learning Centre|
It was a pleasure welcoming our families with children transitioning to school in 2016 to an information night about getting the children school ready.
It was equally as pleasurable having the stage 1 deputy principal from Blacktown South Public School come and present to our families about school expectations and procedures.
The hot topics discussed today included:
- school expectation of student skills.
- routine at school.
- the role and importance of social and communication skills in your child's future success at school.
- importance of self help skills.
- how Aurora's curriculum is designed to facilitate development of skills required for school, based on developmental play.
- enrollment and orientation procedure.
Where to from here?
- we are starting a mid year assessment protocol on all our children within the next fortnight.
- families with children transitioning to school in 2016 will be given the opportunity to have a Parent-Taacher interview to discuss assessed skills and formulate a goal to work on in the next 6 months.
- lunch box week will commence once a month from now till beginning of school. More information will follow.
- introduction of a 'news' group roster amongst our preschoolers to establish idea of public speaking, confidence, communication, appropriate questioning skills and listening skill.
Looking forwards to collaborating with you in regards to your child.